Sunday, November 27, 2016

Bean Boots Become Beautiful.

This morning I read an associated press article on Malibu teenage girls who were wearing LL Bean boots. The boots are now trendy. After I read the article, I ran into my garage and took a picture just to show I was right all along - America can build great products. The boots are made in Maine and Bean is gearing up to sell more than 700,000 pairs next year. The boot was designed by Leon Leonwood Bean 104 years ago. According to the AP, the formula has not changed - they are still handmade. 

The article was a total surprise. Why? Because last night, I wrote some new material for one of my books - see below - word for word.


"I was proud of my boots. They were original LL Bean. They had rubber soles, with a brown leather front face and long brown rawhide shoelaces that tied into a beautiful knot. The inside of the boot was generously lined with soft fluffy yellow fur that made my feet warm just looking at them. I appreciated every detail of the shoe design. I had them for 40 years and they were still perfect. They shed water, ice and snow and kept my feet warm on the coldest days. Each year when I pulled my boots from storage, I wondered why all clothes should not be made as perfect and as permanent as my boots. I knew my boots would live longer than I would and that thought alone was just another one of those puzzles that invaded my mind and would not leave. It seemed I was jealous of anything that might be around after I am gone, except for other people."

I am prescient.

No comments:

Post a Comment