Thursday, November 17, 2016

Unsubscribe to the time sucking email bandits.

I made today count.

I had some time on my hands today so I spent the day unsubscribing to all the email bandits that have been stealing my time and filling up my email folder. I can not remember signing up for any of them, but I suspect I did at some time in the past, or I inadvertently clicked something that sent my email address into the abyss.

I learned a few things. Some of the unsubscribe options have fonts so small that I can not read. I do not know if I am unsubscribing or signing up for more emails. Some unsubscribe options have email preference menus where you have to click or unclick, as the case may be, to stop the time sucking email bandits. Some unsubscribe options have a list of the kind of emails that they send, and you must unsubscribe from all of them. 

And then when I do unsubscribe, they send me another email confirming that I have unsubscribed and asking me for an unsubscribe acknowledgement. These emails arouse my suspicions because I an not as clever as the email bandits.

All on all it was a good day to make count. And Facebook- is anyone bothered that Facebook now sends you emails asking if you know someone? Anything for traffic.





1 comment:

  1. A conundrum, do I respond to the email that says I have opted out?

    ReplyDelete