Thursday, November 10, 2016

Trump - I called it - almost - 10 months ago.

I have been gone for awhile. And yes, if you have been following my posts, I supported Trump all the way. However, I always 
thought Hillary would win. So I was glued to the TV on November 8 watching MSNBC eat crow, and eat crow they did. Their body squirmed with each electoral crow that Trump won. MSNBC  blamed it all on bad polling and also lamely tried to defend the indefensible by asserting the mainstream media was objective. They asked rhetorical questions to the air? How could it happen? Who were these Americans that voted for Trump? Where did they live? And why? Hillary was so perfect.  The question they should have asked was not whether Trump would accept the election results, but would the democrats?

Hogwash. And the pollsters - who claimed the polling math was all in Clinton's favor - were likely paid by political organizations other than Trump.  The pollsters tried to influence voters with spurious results that showed Clinton was going to win by a landslide. I almost felt sorry for the Clinton supporters who, in a matter of 4 hours, went from ecstatically happy to dramatically sad.

Although I have heard much worse, I do not agree with Trump's locker room talk or his other flaws, but he did not mass his fortune with pay-for-access speeches.

When Obama gave his transition speech on Wednesday, his hair was turning grayer as he spoke. Even Obama has surely recognized that The Affordable Care Act was really Unaffordable.

I suspect Obama may ask for some forgiveness for criminalizing Trump, and the millions of people who voted for Trump, by all the dastardly names Obama called Trump in the days before the election. 

Maybe Trump will have some sympathy and not overturn all of Obama's executive orders, or maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment