Saturday, April 13, 2013

iTunes University is a Winner.

It's Saturday, so I will get right to the point.

Download the app called iTunes university. You Android people probably have some level of equivalent access.

Go to the iTunes university store and get ready to listen to and watch video lectures on just about any subject you can imagine. I did this morning and I am hooked.

The lectures are comprehensive, include charts graphs etc., and you can watch as you have time. Of course that is obvious.

What is not obvious to me was the caliber of the professors giving the lectures and the breadth of the subject matter. I watched the first lecture of a 20+ lecture seminar by a Yale professor, Fred Volkmar on child education disorders. It was excellent. Spell binding. I wish I had that resource when I was researching symbiotic relationships between bacteria and algae for my masters thesis. My guess is some professor somewhere already gave some lecture on that obscure subject that I could have used.

I am trading in my rainy day book card for my rainy day iTunes university daily visit. My only issue is Apple placed this fountain of special knowledge lectures by extraordinary teachers under the iTunes label.

Take a look at iTunes university today and have some fun learning a new subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment