Saturday, January 14, 2017

Trump's cabinet nominees disagree with him-and I love it.

The mainstream media do not understand. 

They criticize trump for nominating cabinet members that can think for themselves. The press are used to a president who appoints yes-people, that is the political way. But it is not the business way. 

When I was CEO of a Silicon Valley company, I hired people who would challenge me, people who knew more about the subject than me, people who would disagree with me; if I was wrong--that is the business way. Trump knows what most politicians do not know- and what the press do not appreciate - you hire people to make the best decisions, not people who rubber stamp your own notions. This common sense, put American first, novel government organization approach has flabbergasted the reviewing committees.

I was tickled to hear Trump respond to "news professionals" that -- of course he wants cabinet members to think for themselves and make the best decisions for the American people, and yes that might be in opposition to the president's position. The press characterizes this novel approach as a disjointed cabinet. 

I characterize it as a fresh approach to government. Our government is a business that has revenues and expenses of circa trillion dollars per year. I would not want a bunch of "yes-people" spending my money. 

Trump doesn't either.


No comments:

Post a Comment