Monday, May 23, 2016

I recommend WordPress and GoDaddy.

Making every day count is no easy task. It takes work. I spent the last month updating my website. I transferred my domain and my hosting to GoDaddy and updated my webtalkwithbob.com site content with WordPress. 

I love the customer service 7/24 at GoDaddy and after some effort I fell in love with WP and the dozens of plug-ins that I can access to make my site more useful. For example, I installed an affiliate plug-in on my legalpointdocs.com site for $49 per year. This plug-in was written by a company in Hutchinson, Kansas. One of the co-founders lives in Australia. More than 15 years ago, I spent $50,000 developing a similar affiliate plug-in. I wish I had kept the code. 

Affiliate programs enable other site owners to place a link to my site on their site and receive a commission when one of their referral visitors purchases something form me. You can sign up on-line at www.legalpointdocs.com/affiliate-area and get your unique tracking ID to place on your site.

Over the last year, I had heard some good things about WP, but found it too complicated to use. I was wrong. It is easy to get up an running, but does take some effort to add digital product delivery and affiliate sign-up options. GoDaddy has a "Manage WordPress" option which is helpful.

I now have 3 operating web sites with WP and GoDaddy. It is more than just a hobby. 




No comments:

Post a Comment