Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How does Google characterize you?

Google characterizes me as: male age 55-64.  My interests are venture capital, Oregon, North America, education and small business. All data is collected by the Google cookie placed on my computer by Google and the characterizations are based on my search patterns.

How did I find this out? I searched on Google preferences manager and then with a little work I found my Google preferences. This is how Google determines what ads to drop on me when I am searching.

Try it and see how Google characterizes you. The characterizations change with changes in your search patterns. For example, search for a few days on events in San Francisco and your characterizations will change too.

Don't worry. They do not collect everything. Or do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment